Statement of Philosophy on Honour:
The Honour Code at International Independent School is the single most important principle for students, faculty, administration, and staff. It is the essence of our school community and reflects the strong belief that truly effective and meaningful learning can only occur in an environment where trust and integrity are the standard.
The Honour Code supports virtually every facet of the International Independent School Mission Statement and is the foundation on which our community of trust is built. Personal honour is something that must be consistently and constantly practiced and refined. We view the Honour Code as the guiding framework for our community, enabling members to further develop their ability to make sound, considerate decisions about honourable behaviour. Our commitment to this Code serves to elevate our school community above the changing attitudinal whims of society. The specifics of the Honour Code start with the premise that members of the school community will not lie, cheat, steal, or commit any dishonest act. As such, students and faculty will sign a contract at the commencement of each school year which will be a commitment to each other and to the school community to abide by the Honour Code.
As with any noble ideal, the Honour Code challenges each of us continually to work towards achieving a worthy goal. International Independent School commits itself to both consistent enforcement of the Honour Code and effective, formative education for students of all levels regarding the nature, the challenge, and, finally, the benefits of the highest standards of honourable behaviour.
Our ultimate goal is to produce graduates who leave our school with a strong, clear sense of honour and the resolution to lead honourable lives.
The Meaning of the Logo
- Small Leaves: Refer to the children development stage (the K.G): where the IIS prepares the infants to ford into a secured environment and interact with it safely.
- Medium Leaves: The optimistic stage of the primary (level 1-9): where the IIS establishes the path to self-achievement and enhances the dreams of a fruitful future.
- Large Leaves: The stage of maturity and fulfilment (level 10 -12): where the IIS builds a solid foundation that would make its students ready for the life after-school.
- The roots of leaves sprout out from the centre of Amman - the capital of peace and culture – to the rest of the world.
The Transparent globe
- “Blue” from the purity and width of the sky; and the depth and nutrients of the deep blue ocean.
- “White” from the peaceful and secure interaction among people.
- “Green” the veins of life, young sprouts and youth.
- “Red” is the pulse of life and the symbol of blood carrying the oxygen and nutrients to the tissues and organs of the body so to bring up a generation that contributes to their society with endless loyalty and devotion.
Eliminating the boundaries between countries so the world has become a small village in a universe increasing in width, which is allowing a secure and peaceful interaction.
“As a member of the International Independent school community, I commit to being truthful, to respect the property, works, and efforts of others, and to conduct myself with honour at all times.”